donderdag 15 januari 2009

Concept

The amounts of text posted here in the starting phase of this blog are drawn from older postings in an abandoned format. I was then, late August 2008, inspired by a strangely interesting internet project called IPOWER [http://ipower.ning.com].

Though I like writing and sharing a few of my thoughts, I was never drawn into the concept of blogging, due to the high risk I would grow weary of it. On the other hand, I was rather successfull in sustaining a quasi-diary from 1996 until today so prospects in the long run are not that bad.

Strongly differring from a diary concept, the blog is driven by the overall desire to share. But apart from that, a blog can have an internal project. It is my initial idea to use this blog as a therapy to battle the problem of personal defragmentation as I see it in our modern society. Though I am not yet sure what that would mean. Tentatively, for now just the following: in modern/postmodern big city life many people are torn apart into their various projects and social circles. How many I's are we? And how much of a personality can we today perceive from a normal contact with another person? That used to be different. In this blog project, I will try to bring together several fields and lines by constructing the heteronymous person of Fenrig, a person that would be closer to my real identity as the one perceived in daily life.

In time I hope to weave several central themes into one tapistry by sharing and interpreting daily life in their light.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten