donderdag 15 januari 2009

Why I left Facebook

At the end of August I left Facebook. I cleared the contents as much as I could, changed my name and deactivated my profile. The sixteen friends I had received a polite email to explain that it was nothing personal, but I considered Facebook to be an unholy place for me.

In fact, I think Facebook was created by the devil, you know, the One Without Empathy. I subscribed to it so that I could keep in touch with a friend who's in another continent. I found one or two great people back, that was nice. I heard one or two interesting things. For the rest, I saw pictures of my friends at all kinds of parties. Too much information. And I saw friends of my friends, people I do not like, all over the place. Then the Machine suggest you can be their friend as well. So that you can have 566 friends. Well, I do not have that many friends. Facebook violates your privacy. It creates a fake world of fake friends. Also, it makes all communication superficial. Ugly pictures. Stupid remarks. Silly games. And then, the annoying Wall. Come on.

Heard the following comment on New Year's Eve. There are only two people that follow your page on Facebook: you and your stalker.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten